– 4 eggs
– 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
– 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line the bottom of a round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and add the sugar.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed for about 8-10 minutes until the mixture is thick, pale, and has tripled in volume.
4. Sift the flour into the egg mixture in small batches. Gently fold the flour into the batter using a spatula, making sure not to overmix. Be careful to fold in the flour thoroughly but gently to maintain the airiness of the batter.
5. Once the flour is fully incorporated, pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Once cooled, you can serve the sponge cake as is or frost it with whipped cream, fresh fruit, or your favorite frosting.
Enjoy your homemade three-ingredient sponge cake! It’s a simple and versatile dessert that can be enjoyed on its own or with various toppings.
I love you all