- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. penne
- 1 1/2 c. store-bought or homemade marinara
- 1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. Calabrian chile oil
- Step 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Step 2Meanwhile, in a blender, blend marinara, cottage cheese, Parmesan, and oil until smooth.
- Step 3Return pasta to pot and add sauce and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Toss, adding more pasta water as needed, until pasta is coated and sauce is warmed through.
- Step 4Divide pasta among bowls. Top with Parmesan.