To prepare a delicious Hawaiian chicken in a crockpot, you’ll need a few ingredients and a slow cooker. Here’s a simple and tasty recipe for you:
- 2 lbs (about 900g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (canned or fresh)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional, for thickening)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional, for thickening)
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cooked white rice for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger. This will be your sauce.
- Place the diced chicken, diced bell peppers, diced onion, diced carrots, and pineapple chunks in the crockpot.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the crockpot. Stir everything together to ensure the sauce coats all the ingredients.
- Set the crockpot to cook on low heat for about 4-5 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours. The cooking time may vary depending on your crockpot, so check the chicken for doneness.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, you can make a slurry by mixing the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir the slurry into the crockpot during the last 30 minutes of cooking, and it will thicken the sauce.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and tender, and the vegetables are soft, the Hawaiian chicken is ready to serve.
- Serve the Hawaiian chicken over cooked white rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired, for added flavor and presentation.
Enjoy your tasty and tropical Hawaiian chicken crockpot dish! It’s perfect for a flavorful and effortless meal.