Pistachio Puppy Chow has been one of my all-time favorite treats since childhood. I was first introduced to it at a school bake sale and have been hooked ever since. I had the classic recipe memorized by high school because I made it so often (not sure if that should be a point of pride or shame), but it wasn’t until recently that I started venturing into the world of different Puppy Chow flavors.
- 1 (12 oz) box Rice Chex
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate or cream cheese chips
- 1 (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
How To Make Pistachio Puppy Chow
- Pour cereal into a very large bowl or doubled clean brown paper bag, set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, butter, and chips. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until chips are fully melted. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in the pudding powder until evenly combined, then add vanilla and salt.
- Pour pudding mixture over the cereal and toss until evenly coated, then add powdered sugar and toss again.
- Allow treat to cool then store in an airtight container. Best when eaten in the first day or two!