2 & 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cold butter (113g)
1/3 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup lemon curd
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon peel lemon
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl sift in flour, baking powder bicarbonate of soda, sugar and salt. Whisk well. Then add the grated lemon peel.
2 . Add butter. Rub it in using your finger tips until you get a crumbly mixture.
3. In a small bowl add yoghurt, egg, lemon curd and vanilla. Mix together. Pour this mixture in the flour mixture.
4. Mix just to combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Then transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface.
5. Spread the dough and slightly flatten it using a rolling pin or your palm.
5. Dip your cookie cutter in flour as you cut out each piece.Place on a prepared baking tray.
6. Brush the top with yoghurt or egg wash.
7. Bake in a preheated at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.