Spaghetti & Meatballs is a perfect family friendly meal. Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs is cooked in one pan, topped with lots of cheese, and baked until hot, bubbly, and melted ooey gooey!
Are your afternoons busy getting kids to soccer practice or other sport or lesson? This meal is perfect for those busy afternoons. Make the dish early in the day, and when you get home, simply pop it in a hot oven and bake for 30-ish minutes while you’re putting together a quick salad. Voila, a hot, satisfying, comfort food meal is on the table.
I’ve been staying in our little home away from home condo for the last few weeks, and have loved every minute of getting to see our oldest daughter and her family every day! But alas, all good things, must come to an end. A couple nights before heading home, our grandson, got to have one more sleepover with Nana and Papa. Since we’d be packing up and leaving in a couple of days, I figured I needed to use of some of the food that I had in the condo. Spaghetti noodles √ Pasta sauce √ Homemade meatballs in the freezer √ Cheese √ It seemed I had the perfect ingredients for this Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs.
A quick trip to the store for one last quart of milk, a loaf of rustic bread, and a bag salad (I know, I know, but I didn’t want leftover produce), and I had everything needed to put a quick and easy dinner on the table that we’d all enjoy!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×9 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, egg, Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, allspice and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined. Roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch meatballs, forming about 18-20 meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add meatballs, in batches, and cook until all sides are browned, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and stir in marinara sauce.
- Add pasta to the prepared baking dish and top with meatballs; sprinkle with mozzarella. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.