1 & 1/2 cups flour ( All purpose or cake )
3/4 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Finely grated orange peel from one medium orange
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Note : All ingredients should be at room temperature. Don’t use cold ingredients.
1. In a large bowl cream the butter , oil , grated orange peel and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and mix in the eggs one at a time .Pour milk and orange juice then give it a final mix .
3. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined. Add the cranberries and gently mix them in .
4. Line the muffin tray and scoop the batter (mixture) using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 Degrees Celsius for 25 – 30 minutes or until well baked .