- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 (18 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 slices Swiss or Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Once hot, brown the chicken on both sides. (You don’t need to cook it all the way through; it will finish cooking in the oven.) Transfer chicken to baking dish.
- Add butter to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Let cook until golden brown. Stir in sherry, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in soup, mixing well, and cook until heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with cheese slices.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and turn oven to broil. Broil until cheese has browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Top with parsley and serve. Enjoy!